Skip to main content

Call Us: 0191 5128400

Gift Aid

Submit a donation request and a member of the team will be in contact with you to take payment.


Charity Gift Aid declaration 

Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate - Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer. 

In order to Gift Aid your donation you must tick the box below: 


Please notify the charity if you: 

  • Want to cancel this declaration • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self­Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code. 

St Benedict's Hospice - Registered Charity 1019410 
St Benedict's Way, Ryhope, Sunderland SR2 0NY. 
0191 512 8436 


Please contact us either by letter or by e-mail to fundraising@stbenedicts. and tell us that you no longer wish us to claim the tax on your gift.

If you have received a benefit by participating we may not be able to claim Gift Aid from all your sponsors, including family members ('Connected Persons'). Please check with us for further details.

Yes. You will be increasing the value of your donation which will go the extra mile for those who need our support. For more information visit

Gift Aid is a scheme introduced by the government which allows charities to reclaim the tax that supporters have already paid on their donations.

For every £1 donated, the tax man gives us an extra 25p, so our income from your donations increases by almost a third. We can only claim on donations made within the last four years. Tax unclaimed before this will be lost forever, so please act now.

It is linked to the current basic rate of income tax (which is currently 20 per cent). As a basic rate taxpayer, for every £1.25 you earn, you will pay 25p to the taxman and receive £1 in your pocket. It is this 25p we claim.

If you are a UK taxpayer and have paid enough income or capital gains tax in the financial year to cover the amount we'll reclaim, then yes: please complete a Gift Aid declaration.

We can still claim the full 25 per cent on your donations, providing you pay at least as much tax as we will be reclaiming in the year in which you made your gifts. As a pensioner, for example, you may still pay tax on a private pension scheme or a savings account, or pay Capital Gains Tax if you sell property or shares.

We can only claim the basic rate back, but this is still extremely valuable. You will also be able to claim additional personal tax relief on your self­assessment form.

Yes please. It would be a huge help if you could return a declaration to us letting us know not to claim. This way, we won't contact you about Gift Aid again in the future, saving us time and money.

Yes. You will need to complete a separate form for each charity you want to benefit from Gift Aid.

Nothing at all. It just ensures that, if you donate to us, we can claim money back from HM Revenue and Customs.

Until you tell us to stop. At the moment, and as long as you remain eligible, your declaration lets us reclaim past (up to four years), present and future donations.

If you would like to find out more, please contact us on 0191 512 8436 and we will do our very best to help.


St Benedicts Gift Aid